After several months of meticulous planning, Abi pulled off a birthday surprise for her bestie, Lulu, like no other. She let Lulu make fake plans for her birthday, then casually gifted her plane tickets to Milan, Italy, in a birthday card – leaving the next day! But how did she do it?
1. Ask your bestie to take time off work, NQA (No Questions Asked). We have a NQA policy which we both abide by! Fortunately, Lulu always takes days off around her birthday, so one this one wasn’t going to be difficult at all!
2. Get your girlfriends in formation and get the group chat poppin’; make sure you select the correct emojis! The best kind of group chats are secret-surprise-trip group chats!
3. Sneak a pic of your bestie’s passport, and get those flights and hotel rooms booked! We’ve taken so many trips now, having each other’s passport details is just standard.
4. An existing celebration, like her birthday, will give the perfect cover for the surprise. Print the boarding pass, put it in her birthday card and gift this along with a few other fun travel bits, e.g. suntan lotion, travel bottles, a new chic passport cover, etc. If you really love your bestie, change some money for her too!
5. Give her the envelope and watch her face light up as she realises you’re leaving tomorrow! (Don’t forget to add her to the group chat for photo-swapping!)
Do you plan on surprising a friend or loved one with a trip away soon? Have you already pulled off the surprise? Let us know!
Watch our latest #flightsandfeelings vlog here.